Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

I walk alone. I walk alone. A young girl's doll left on the street, gathering dust. No one else there. Shoulders weighted down with doubt. Rejection at every corner. I walk alone I walk alone.
No desire. The words "stop trying" etched into the wall. The sun hidden by a blanket of graying clouds. Unbearable heat and silence. I walk alone. I walk alone.
Locked doors on every side. A tear streaked face veiled behind dark tangled hair. Blank eyes leading to a weeping soul. The turned back of a friend. I walk alone. I walk alone.
Dirt streaked windows that light can barley penetrate. Broken flashing street signs. Crumpled attempts at art thrown away in disgust. Distorted mirrors with distorted images. Long forgotten photos burned to ashes. I walk alone.
I walk alone, along my boulevard of broken lost and forgotten dreams.

1 comment: