Sunday, March 6, 2011

Anticipation

And so, I sat there, staring across the small table like a deer in head lights. The silence was unnerving. And although I'd been doing it for years, breathing seemed like quite the chore. What do you do in a moment like this? I already know that you don’t ask, you apparently have to wait for the “opportune moment.” When is the opportune moment? Do you breathe in or out? What’s the procedure?

And then, with out thinking, I moved. I did the unthinkable. I didn't write a list of the pros and cons. I didn't run to consult Alex. I didn't do any of the cautionary things that I usually went though when making a big decision like this. I just did it. Looking back I realize that it may not have been the smartest thing to do, but I still did it. And honestly...I can't say I regret it.

(and no this is not about yours truly)

3 comments:

  1. Wow this really made me think and I like it. It was creative and I wanted to keep reading as soon as I read the first few words! Also I have a hard time making decisions so I can relate. When I do just make a decision it probably isn't always the right one. Anyway. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you left the reader guessing. You left a little mystery that might never be discovered. I also can relate because I have a difficult time with decisions. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you explained the tension in the room to the point that breathing is a chore despite the fact you've "been doing it for years." xD

    Great capture of experience and emotion. I'm terrible at making decisions, but every so often one will come along that I feel good about, and you've explained the way just how I feel.

    Great job.

    ReplyDelete