Monday, March 28, 2011

Jealousy

What am I jealous of? Maya Angelou. Why? Because of the passion. Because of the flow. Because she wrote what she did under the glare of prosecution.
You may trod me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I'll rise.

She was a black women who wasn't scared to hide her opinion. She was a brash, bold, and powerful in her writing.
Does my sassiness upset you?
Why are you beset with gloom?

She wrote poetry, but for a purpose. But not only was it incredible but poetic. Her flow is inspiring to me.
Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise.

So all in all, more than jealous, I'm inspired by her intensity.
Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave,
I am the dream and the hope of the slave.
I rise
I rise
I rise.

Still I Rise, my inspiration by Maya Angelou

1 comment:

  1. Maya Angelou writes beautifully... and so do you. And I finally figured out how to post comments! Success!

    ReplyDelete